GEORGETOWN, Texas – Southwestern's defense was sensational as the Pirates posted a program high 25 caused turnovers in a 12-3 win over Wartburg at home Tuesday afternoon.
- A free-position shot gave Southwestern the lead briefly, but Wartburg quickly scored the equalizer.
- Southwestern closed the half on a 4-1 run to lead 5-2 at the break.
- The Pirates scored six straight to open the second half to post a huge lead. Wartburg added a goal with two minutes remaining before the Pirates' Katie Harris posted the final goal of the game to arrive at the 12-3 final.
- Courtney Ragland: 4 goals, 2 assists
- Allison Schmitt: 2 goals, 1 assist, 7 ground balls, 4 caused turnovers
- Kate Davis: 1 goal, 1 assist, 2 ground balls, 7 draw controls, 6 caused turnovers
- Christina Rosendahl: 4 ground balls, 6 caused turnovers
Southwestern improves to 4-1 on the year and head to Colorado Springs, Colo. for a two game stint, first facing Northwestern-St. Paul on Saturday at 3:30 pm MT.