WALLA WALLA, Wash. – Southwestern fell behind early and were never able to regain the lead as they dropped game one of two at the Kim Evanger Raney Classic 64-48 to Whitman.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Whitman opened the game on a 6-0 run and held SU to just two field goals in the first quarter to lead by eight, 15-7.
- Southwestern's offensive woes continued in the second quarter and the Pirates trailed by 13 points by halftime, 32-19.
- The third quarter was much of the same as the deficit deepened to 16 points, 50-34.
- Whitman kept a safe distance the rest of the way and never allowed Southwestern within striking distace as SU fell 64-48.
- Audrey Garcia: 19 points, 6-17 FG, 2-8 3-PT, 6 rebounds, 2 steals
- Olivia Podaras: 11 points, 2-3 3-PT, 7 rebounds
- Madison Edwards: 7 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals
- Field Goals: SU 28.3% (13-46), WC 46.6% (27-58)
- 3-point: SU 25% (4-16), WC 20% (2-10)
- Rebounds: SU 26, WC 40
- Turnovers: SU 25, WC 20
- Steals: SU 8, WC 17
Southwestern (1-6) remains in Washington to face Whitworth College (3-3) on Sunday at 4 pm.