Posted: Apr 15, 2016
GEORGETOWN, Texas - Southwestern men's lacrosse closed their 2016 season at home Friday, falling 15-2 to Colorado College.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Pirates drew first blood as Jordan Riggs buried the ball in the back of the net just over a minute into the contest to give Southwestern a brief 1-0 lead.
- Colorado College evened it up four minutes later and added two more to go up 3-1.
- Kai Knight-Turcan's bounce shot pulled the Pirates within on with three minutes to play in the first, but CC closed the half on a 5-0 run to lead 8-2 at the break.
- The Tigers controlled the second half as they held Southwestern scoreless while scoring seven more goals to arrive at the 15-2 final.
- Dakota Skinner: 4 ground balls, 3 caused turnovers
- Charlie Fisher: 12 saves, 7 ground balls
- Julian Quintero: 3 ground balls
Southwestern ends the 2016 season with a 7-9 overall record.