IRVING, Texas – Southwestern controlled every second of the game to defeat the University of Dallas 21-2 Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Southwestern scored four goals in the first and second quarters to lead 8-2 at halftime.
- Matt Amerie and Kai Knight-Turcan scored two goals each as the Pirates posted six unanswered goals in the third to take a commanding 14-2 lead.
- The fourth quarter was all Southwestern again as Jared Welsh led with three goals in the frame to arrive at the 21-2 final.
- Jared Welsh: 4 goals, 3 assists, 2 ground balls
- Jordan Riggs: 3 goals, 4 assists, 7 ground balls
- Matthew Montagne: 2 goals, 3 assists, 2 ground balls, 1 caused turnover
- Dakota Skinner: 7 ground balls, 4 caused turnovers
Southwestern improves to 7-8 on the year and close the 2016 season with arguably their toughest competition, Colorado College, on Sunday, April 17th at noon in Irving, Texas.