ALMA, Mich. – Southwestern rallied to score two goals late in the fourth to force overtime but couldn't complete the comeback as they fell 10-9 to Alma Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- A defensive battle gave way to four goals in four minutes in the first quarter and Southwestern closed the first half with three unanswered goals to lead 5-3 at halftime.
- Alma controlled the third quarter and held a one goal advantage heading into the final quarter.
- Kai Knight-Turcan scored the equalizer with 40 seconds left in regulation to send the game into overtime.
- Alma stole the win in overtime, scoring with just over two minutes remaining.
- Matt Amerie: 4 goals, 1 ground ball
- Kai Knight-Turcan: 2 goals, 1 assist
- Jordan Riggs: 2 goals, 2 ground balls
- Dakota Skinner: 7 ground balls
Southwestern falls to 7-6 on the year and return home for the final time to face Whittier on Sunday at noon.