Posted: Mar 14, 2016
HANOVER, Ind. - Southwestern got off to a quick start but Hanover posted the game winner with just 37 seconds left in the game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hanover rattled off four straight goals to open the game before Southwestern broke into the scoring column with three goals.
- Teams traded goals the rest of the first half and SU went into the break trailing one, 6-5.
- Each team netted a goal in the third to set up the nail biting final quarter.
- Kai Knight-Turcan evened the contest 9-9 with 6:12 reamining in the game.
- Hanover stole the win with 37 seconds remaining. Southwestern won the ensuing faceoff but committed a costly turnover to give the ball back to HC.
- Matthew Montagne: 1 goal, 3 assists, 2 ground balls, 2 caused turnovers
- Jared Welsh: 3 goals, 1 ground ball, 1 caused turnover
- Kai Knight-Turcan: 2 goals, 1 assist, 2 ground balls
- Sean Smith: 3 caused turnovers
Southwestern (5-5) remains on the road to face Wabash (3-2) on Tuesday at 3 pm CST.