The purpose of the SCAC student-athlete advisory committee is to provide student-athletes with an opportunity to present a student prospective to the leadership of the conference. It also provides for a student-athlete response to proposed NCAA or SCAC legislation and communication and networking to represent the interests of SCAC student-athletes.
The mission of the NCAA Division II SAAC is to enhance the voice of the student-athlete to ensure the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity for all student-athletes; protecting student-athlete welfare; and fostering a positive student-athlete image.
SAAC AT A GLANCE:
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the NCAA structure
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed NCAA legislation
- Recommend potential NCAA legislation
- Review, react and comment to the governance structure on legislation, activities and subjects of interest
- Actively participate in the administrative process of athletics programs and the NCAA
- Promote a positive student-athlete image
- Disseminate information to team members
- Build a sense of community involving all team and conference institutions